In todayâ€™s economy and ever changing education based regulatory demands, the role of any Parent Teacher
organization is more critical than ever to the success of the school it represents and the quality of education it supports for the students served. In other words - This isn't your mother's PTO!
At Wakefield Elementary School, the PTO has a rich history of supporting and providing many unique learning opportunities, extracurricular activities and resources that may not have been possible without the efforts put forth by parents and community members involved. In case you are new to Wakefield or to PTOs in general, the objectives of the WES PTO are to:
The main objectives of our PTO, as laid out in our by-laws are;
1. To provide a forum for parents and teachers to work cooperatively for the enhancement
of the educational experience of Wakefield School Students.
2. To raise and distribute funds for enrichment programs, speakers, field trips, equipment,
family activities and special needs as deemed appropriate by the PTO.
3. To serve as an advocacy group for Wakefield School and to develop a closer
relationship between home and school.
With this in mind, everyone associated with Wakefield Elementary School, parents, guardians, teachers, staff, is part of the our Parent Teacher Organization and welcome to participate in fulfilling these objectives in any number of the following ways:
- Attend monthly PTO meetings bringing new insights and ideas
- Volunteer at PTO sponsored school based or community events
- Assist with obtaining sponsors, prizes and general donations in support of events
- Share a skill or special knowledge with students, teachers and families at assemblies or as an afterschool program
The 2013-14 Events & Happenings
We welcome your help, input and ideas for these and other events throughout the school year. If you would like to chair and event or volunteer in anyway, please contact us.
Fall Family Picnic
Various Cultural Arts Events
Ice Cream Social
Scholastic Book Fair
Box Tops for Education